We are located inside the loop so know this before you apply if commuting is an issue.
A knowledge of LTL Freight and TMS systems such as Mercury Gate a Plus.
Department: Customer Loyalty
This position is primarily responsible for responding to quote requests and determining what is required for Blue-Grace Logistics to handle shipments that fall outside standard LTL movements. The Customer Loyalty Representative handles customer issues and concerns professionally and diplomatically to ensure customer satisfaction.
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Investigates, opens, and manages customer service Issues.
- Applies knowledge of relevant modes of transportation to provide effective solutions and client service.
- Identifies problems early and mitigates risk by proactively acting on sometimes limited information or direction.
- Establishes relationships with carriers and designs effective solutions to meet clients’ needs
- Provides support, feedback, guidance, and development to team.
- Receives and places telephone calls with the expectation of maintaining solid customer and carrier relationships by handling their questions and concerns with speed and professionalism
- Performs data entry and uses software programs.
- Uses research skills to trouble shoot customer problems.
- Responsible for accurate records of all customer and carrier interactions
- Generates shipment quotes for customers and sets up shipments as requested by customers.
- Inputs information from a variety of sources into BlueShip, including but not limited to PRO numbers and shipment delays.
- Preparing invoices, bills and other shipping documents.
- Follows up with all internal personnel and customers as appropriate to ensure timely and satisfactory resolution for all parties.
- Communicates with sales representatives and other departments to make them aware of exceptions and issues.
- Communicates information timely and accurately.
- Supplying customer service and support to our clients through phone or email conversation.
- Determining and arranging the best methods of shipment
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical – Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Design – Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Verbal Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Change Management – Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Quality Management – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Diversity – Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization’s goals and values; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Judgment – Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently;
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions.
To apply, please email your cover letter along with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org